1. Who are we?
Hasselt University, a public institution, with registered office at Martelarenlaan 42, 3500 Hasselt, Belgium and with enterprise number 0208.359.859 (hereinafter "UHasselt").
2. What are cookies?
A "cookie" is a text file of limited size and is sent by an Internet server to the cookie file of the browser on the hard drive of your computer (or other device connected to the Internet, such as a smartphone or tablet) when you view the Retail Design Lab ("RDL") website of UHasselt (www.retaildesignlab.be) (hereinafter: "Website"). This text file stores information, such as your choice of language on our Website. When you visit the Website again, this cookie allows the Website to recognize your browser and, for example, to save your choice of language.
The following types of cookies are used on this Website:
- First party cookies:
- Essential cookies: these cookies are necessary for purely technical and functional reasons to enable a normal visit to the Website.
- Third party cookies:
- Tracking cookies: these third party cookies collect data on how visitors use the Website.
- Performance cookies: these third-party cookies collect aggregate data about how the Website is used (e.g. which content visitors are most interested in).
4. On what legal basis do we use these cookies?
- Essential cookies: based on the legitimate interest of UHasselt (only and when this legitimate interest outweighs the interest of the data subjects). The interests are explained above.
If you do not activate certain cookies, we cannot guarantee a trouble-free visit of the Website, e.g. due to delayed pages or the possibility that certain parts of the Website are not or only partially accessible and/or usable.
You can find a list of our cookies at the bottom of this page.
If you feel that your rights have been violated in any way, please contact us using the details in point (1).
You also have the right to file a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority: