UHASSELT located at B-3500 Hasselt, Martelarenlaan 42 is the controller of the processing of your Personal Data, through its Website www.retaildesignlab.be. By transmitting your data, you give your consent to the processing of such data.
UHASSELT processes your data to be able to answer your questions, to offer you its RDL Services, to include your data in its database, to send you a newsletter or to compile certain statistics. You can always oppose the use of your data for direct marketing purposes by contacting us. Furthermore, you have the right to access and/or correct your data.
The data is transmitted by us to the following third parties:
- Google Inc., for Google Analytics;
- Web site builders for storage analysis.
In this Privacy Statement, the following definitions apply:
- UHASSELT: Universiteit Hasselt, a public institution, with its registered office at B-3500 Hasselt, Martelarenlaan 42 and registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under the number 0208.359.859;
- Website: The Retail Design Lab ('RDL') website of UHASSELT, www.retaildesignlab.be and derivatives developed and operated by UHASSELT;
- Personal Information: Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
2.Processing personal data
UHASSELT is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy and the confidentiality and security of your Personal Data.
By consulting this Website and/or communicating your personal data, you give your express consent to the processing of the personal data relating to you in accordance with the conditions stipulated in this statement.
The personal data communicated are processed in accordance with the Law of December 8, 1992 relating to the protection of privacy with respect to the processing of personal data (hereinafter "the Law of December 8, 1992"). UHASSELT hereby acts as controller for the processing.
"Processing" means any operation or set of operations, whether or not carried out by automated processes, and applied to the personal data of natural persons, such as collection, recording, organization, conservation, updating, storage, modification, deletion, consultation, communication and use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, bringing together, association, blocking or destruction. "Confidential processing" means that UHASSELT processes the Personal Data in a confidential manner in accordance with the legal regulations in force in Belgium, in particular the Law of December 8, 1992.
3.What Personal Data
This includes, without limitation, the following Personal Data depending on the purposes:
- First name;
- E-mail address;
- Postal code;
- IP address;
- Any information that you decide to pass on yourself
It is possible that data and/or additional data from you may be processed during contact between yourself and UHASSELT.
4.For what purposes.
UHASSELT collects and processes the personal data you provide to UHASSELT for one or more of the following purposes:
- Performing and offering the RDL Services (as described in the General Terms and Conditions);
- Management of requests for information;
- Realization of statistics studies and analyses;
- Sending a newsletter/advertising;
- To provide any other services you have requested;
- Compliance with applicable laws.
Should UHASSELT wish to use personal data for a new purpose, UHASSELT will obtain your consent prior to such new use.
5.Transfer of personal data
Within UHASSELT, personal data will only be made available to:
- Staff on a 'need to know' basis;
The data may be passed on or made available to the following third parties:
- Website builders
- Google Inc., for Google Analytics through Google Analytics cookies.
Your data will not be passed on to third parties for commercial purposes unless we have requested your explicit consent. However, anonymous data may always be passed on to third parties, whether or not for commercial purposes.
6.Duration of data retention
In principle, the collected data are kept by UHASSELT for an indefinite period of time.
7.Confidentiality and security
UHASSELT ensures that the Website complies with rules and security measures designed to protect personal data.
- endeavor to the best of its ability to keep the data up-to-date and to correct or delete inaccurate, incomplete or non-pertinent data;
- ensure that, for persons acting under its authority, access to the data and processing possibilities are limited to what those persons need for the performance of their duties or to what is necessary for the needs of the service;
- inform all persons acting under its authority of the provisions of the Law of December 8, 1992, and its implementing decrees, as well as of all relevant regulations on the protection of privacy applicable to the processing of personal data;
- ascertain whether programs for the automated processing of personal data comply with the notifications made to the Commission for the Protection of Privacy and whether they are not used unlawfully
- ensure that any person acting under the authority of the controller or the processor, as well as the processor itself, who has access to personal data shall process such data only on the instructions of the controller, except pursuant to an obligation by or under a law, decree or ordinance; and
- make every effort to ensure the security of personal data, and will require its partners and subcontractors to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures necessary to protect personal data against accidental or unauthorized destruction, against accidental loss, as well as against the alteration of or access to, and any other unauthorized processing of personal data. These measures must ensure an appropriate level of security, taking into account the state of the art, the cost of implementing the measures and the nature of the data to be protected and the potential risks.
If the processing is entrusted to a processor, UHASSELT will:
- Choose a processor that offers sufficient guarantees in terms of technical security and organizational measures concerning the processing operations;
- ensure that these measures are respected, in particular by stipulating contractual provisions;
- specify in the contract the liability of the processor to the controller;
- agree with the processor that the processor shall only act on the sole instructions of the controller and shall be bound by the same obligations as those to which the controller is bound in application of the law; and
- set out in the agreement the data protection requirements and security measures.
8.Access to your personal data
a) Right to access and correct your personal data.
Pursuant to the Law of December 8, 1992, you have the right to access the personal data relating to you. For this purpose, you can contact UHASSELT, B-3500 Hasselt, Martelarenlaan 42 with a dated and signed request, with a copy of your identity card attached, or you can also contact UHASSELT via the e-mail address email@example.com and provide your e-mail with an electronic signature.
Without delay and at the latest within 45 days after receipt of such request, UHASSELT will provide you with the requested information.
b) Right to correct your personal data
Pursuant to the Law of December 8, 1992, you also have the right to correct, free of charge, the personal data relating to you that are inaccurate. For this purpose, you can contact UHASSELT, B-3500 Hasselt, Martelarenlaan 42 with a dated and signed request, with a copy of your identity card attached, or you can also contact UHASSELT via the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your e-mail with an electronic signature.
Within 1 month of submitting the request, you will be notified of the improvements made.
c) Right to oppose any processing of your personal data.
Under the Law of December 8, 1992, you also have the right to oppose the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. This can be done free of charge and without any motivation by addressing to UHASSELT B-3500 Hasselt, Martelarenlaan 42 with a dated and signed request, enclosing a copy of your identity card or you can also contact UHASSELT via the e-mail address email@example.com and provide your e-mail with an electronic signature.
You will be notified of the action taken on the request within 1 month of its submission.
UHASSELT reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time. This Privacy Statement was last amended on January 1, 2017.
If one or more clauses of this Privacy Statement is declared partially or fully void or non-binding by a court intervention, this will in no way affect the validity of the remaining clauses or the validity of the entire Privacy Statement. If UHASSELT wish to modify or replace the clause(s) in question, the modified or new clause shall be as close as possible to the clause(s) declared invalid or non-binding.
UHASSELT's failure to require strict compliance with the provisions of this Privacy Statement shall not be construed as any waiver or repudiation thereof.
Any dispute or claim relating to the processing of personal data and Privacy Statement or any information contained herein shall be governed by Belgian law and shall fall under the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts and tribunals of Hasselt (Belgium).
For additional general information regarding the protection of Personal Data, please contact the Commission for the Protection of Privacy with address at 1000 Brussels, rue du Printing Press 35, tel: 02/274.48.00 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org (www.privacycommission.be).